PSLV-C37 Successfully Launches 104 Satellites in a Single Flight
At 0928 hrs IST today morning, ISRO successfully launched the 714 kg Cartosat-2 Series Satellite along with 103 co-passenger satellites on board ISRO's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, PSLV- C37, from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
It is the highest number of satellites launched in one single mission anywhere. Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated the space scientific community and the nation for this proud feat.
This is the thirty eighth consecutive successful mission of PSLV. All the 104 satellites were successfully separated from the PSLV fourth stage in a predetermined sequence. The total number of Indian satellites launched by PSLV now stands at 46.
The imagery from the Cartosat-2 series satellite will be useful for cartographic applications, urban and rural applications, coastal land use, utility management like road network monitoring, water distribution, change detection to bring out geographical and manmade features and various other Land Information System (LIS) and Geographical Information System (GIS) applications.
The data sets could be used for urban planning of 500 cities under the Amrut Planning Scheme. ISRO Nano Satellites, INS-1 and INS-2, were also launched.
In addition, 101 foreign nano satellites from six countries were launched in a significant international dimension. Of these, 96 were from the United States, and 1 each from Israel, Kazakhstan, UAE, the Netherlands and Switzerland. With today's successful launch, the total number of customer satellites from abroad launched by India's PSLV has reached 180.
This mission involved many technical challenges such as realising the launch of a large number of satellites during a single mission within stipulated time frame. Besides, ensuring adequate separation between all the 104 satellites during their orbital injection as well as during their subsequent orbital life was yet another complexity associated with this mission. With this launch, ISRO has further bolstered its impeccable scientific credentials as a reliable partner for space initiatives.
- TENDER FOR INTERNATIONAL DAY OF YOGA 2017(23 March 2017)
- Embassy of India and Chamber of Commerce of Sumy Region jointly organized a business seminar in Sumy on 16th March 2017 from 1100 hrs-1600 hrs. (21 March 2017)
- H.E. Mr. Manoj K. Bharti, Ambassador of India to Ukraine, visited Vinnytsia on 14 March 2017 (16 March 2017)
- Festival of holi was celebrated at the Embassy of India Kyiv (12 March 2017)
- Lecture by A well-known mathematician and Professor of religious studies Mr. Ravi M. Gupta at Charles Red University, USA visited Kyiv (10 March 2017)
- The spiritual leader and founder of the Art of Living Foundation Sri Sri Ravi Shankar visited Kyiv (9 March 2017)
- A well-known mathematician and Professor of religious studies Mr. Ravi M. Gupta atCharles Red University, USA visited Kyiv (8 March 2017)
- Mr. N. Ramji, Chairman of Travel Masters India Pvt. Ltd. visited Kyiv (8 March 2017)
- Ukrainian translation to the biography of Dr. Ambedkar by writer Mr. Vasant Moon was released on 1st March 2017 (2 March 2017)
- The Embassy of India in Ukraine is organizing Indian Classical Dance concert with special Classical dance Group from India (1 March 2017)