1. Training is one of the major activities under ITEC. The professionals and people from developing countries are offered unique training courses, both for Civilian and Defence personnel, in different centers of excellence in India which empower them with not just professional skills, but prepare them for an increasingly globalised world.
2. Civilian Training Programme: It is fully sponsored by the Government of India. There are 47 empanelled institutions conducting 280 short-term, medium-term and long-term courses during the year. The training programme is demand-driven and subjects selected are of interest to developing countries for their working professionals on a wide and diverse range of skills and disciplines.
3. The courses have been divided into seven broad categories for easy identification :
4. Accounts, Audit, Banking and Finance Courses;
5. IT, Telecommunication and English Courses;
6. Management Courses;
7. SME/Rural Development Courses;
8. Specialized Courses;
9. Technical Courses; and
10. Environment and Renewable Energy Courses.