A business seminar on «India - a Global Power in Pharmaceuticals» was held on 12 December 2017. The event was organized by the Embassy of India in Ukraine and the Indian Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (IPMA).
The event aimed for exchange of commercial opportunities, statistics and services available in the pharmaceutical and chemical sectors, with an emphasis on imports and investments. This event highlighted the potential of the Indian pharmaceutical industry for Ukraine and the world as a whole.
The event was jointly opened by the speech of Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of India to Ukraine H.E. Manoj Kumar Bharti and Deputy Minister of Health of Ukraine H.E. Roman Ilyk.
H.E. Roman Ilyk said that India is the main supplier of pharmaceutical products to Ukraine; he underlined the great potential between two countries and expressed big hope for the future cooperation.
H.E. Manoj Kumar Bharti emphasized that the pharmaceutical industry in India is today actively developing and has a great potential in the world. India holds 10% of the global bulk drugs market worth $ 110 billion. It supplies 10% of global pharmaceutical products, 20% of the total volume of global generics, 30% of the total demand for drugs to fight against HIV.
India is ranked third in the world in terms of volume of production and the 14th in the monetary equivalent. Compared to the US, research and development expenses are 12.5%, clinical trials are 10%, and production expenses are 35%.
India is the third largest exporter of pharmaceutical products to Ukraine. In 2016 India exported pharmaceutical products worth more than USD 134 million to Ukraine which was 28% of the total export of India to Ukraine. There is also a great potential of Indian investment in Pharmaceutical Sector of Ukraine. Indian Pharmaceutical Industry aims to achieve the target of export worth USD 300 million to Ukraine in the year 2018.
India manufactures medicines for all therapeutic categories: anti-infectious, medicines for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, anticancer drugs, for the treatment of HIV, gynecology, neurology, dermatology, for the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, respiratory diseases, analgesics, medicines for the treatment of diabetes, vitamins / minerals / food supplements, etc. India exports pharmaceutical products to more than 200 countries. The main markets are the United States, Russia, Germany, Austria, and Great Britain.
1 400 plants, located in India, are approved by WHO-GMP and 253 plants are certified according to EDQM standards, which are mandatory for EU member states.
Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of India to Ukraine said that India's pharmaceutical industry strategy envisages turning India into one of the world's centers of pharmaceutical research with a full cycle of pharmaceutical production by 2020 and bringing it to the top five of the largest pharmaceutical innovations centers.
Head of the State Service of Ukraine for Drugs and Drug Control Ms. Natalia Gudz briefed about some Indian manufacturing plants and mentioned about its high quality of pharma products and also assured of support and cooperation between Ukraine and Indian pharmaceutical manufactures.
The event was attended by about 250 honorable guests including Dr. Menon, Head of the Association of Indian Pharmaceutical Manufacturers (IPMA) and others members of the Association; officials of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, the State Expert Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and the State Service of Ukraine for Drugs and Drug Control; representatives from UNDP, from pharmaceutical company "MORION"; from the largest Ukrainian pharmaceuticals distributors "BADM", "Optima" and "Venta"; founder of the company "Kusum Pharm" - the largest Indian producer and investor in Ukraine.
More than 30 representatives of the Indian pharmaceutical companies based in Ukraine also attended the event.
The meeting concluded with display of a short video presentations by major Indian producers operating in Ukraine e.g. SunPharma, Dr.Reddys, Aurobindo Pharma, Stride and Hetero.
For more information, please send a request to the e-mail email@example.com or by phone number 044 468 66 61
For More Information Please Click Here
- Bharat Ko Janiye Quiz 2018-19
- Leading Indian business organization, Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) business delegation participated in a seminar and a B2B interaction organized by Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry on 7 June.
- Celebration of World Environment Day- 2018 by the Embassy of India in Kyiv.
(05 June 2018)
- Ambassador of India to Ukraine, H.E. Mr. Manoj K. Bharti took part in the International Scientific Symposium “Interdisciplinarity in International Relations: Theory, Methodology, Practice” at the Institute of International Relations of Taras Shevchenko University of Kyiv and addressed the audience with a speech “Creating a Shared Future in a Fractured World”.
(17 May 2018)
- Ambassador of India in Ukraine H.E Manoj Kumar Bharti interview with volunteers of ALLATRA International public movement
(17 May 2018)
- Ambassador of India in Ukraine H.E Manoj Kumar Bharti gave interview to Mr. Pavel Vyshebaba, UNDP Development Talent Ambassador to Ukraine, soloist of the One Olanet Orchestra Group and talked about Yoga Marathon on 23 June 2018 at Kreschatik street and goal of yoga is to control the deviation of the mind and focus.
(17 May 2018)
- Yoga Marathon Without Rush on 23 June, 18:00, Khreshchatyk Street, Kyiv
(17 May 2018)
- Ranaming of Overseas Workers' Resource Centre (OWRC) Helpline to Pravasi Bharatiya Sahayata Kendra
(15 May 2018)
- As the IDY 2018 is approaching various activities are being organised in Kyiv. 113 young children participateed in a yoga practice event. All of them were given the yoga book as present.
(14 May 2018)
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is organizing the 13th edition of Agro Tech from 1– 4 December 2018 in Chandigarh (Capital of Punjab and Haryana – two leading states in agriculture and food processing sector), India.
(14 May 2018)
- Ambassador of India to Ukraine, H.E. Mr. Manoj K. Bharti participated in the morning show at TV-channel “Pryamyi” speaking about upcoming IDY function
(11 May 2018)
- Ambassador of India to Ukraine, H.E. Mr. Manoj K. Bharti met with nearly 20 groups from different cities in Ukraine who are active in promotion of Indian culture in Ukraine.
- Uttar Pradesh Ratan Puraskar to NRIs
- Pravasi Bahratiya Samman Awards-2019 PBSA Gazette notification.
- Institute of International Relations of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv organized an International Conference on “Interests of Ukraine in Asia” on 18 April 2018 in Kyiv.
(18 April 2018)